Seventh Generation Fund for Indigenous Peoples invites emerging Native community based organizations located on (or adjacent to and serving) the reservation communities in: Idaho, Montana, North Dakota and/or South Dakota to apply for $12,500 of support under the Building Power and Optimizing Impact Initiative. Seventh Generation Fund Affiliate Projects may apply for $5,00 in grant support. This initiative is designed to assist Native-led community-generated strategies engaged in building culturally relevant and sustainable prosperity and to strengthen and optimize the impacts of their nonprofit work for community empowerment. Under this program, participating groups shall receive an integrated and dynamic program of small grants, focused project specific training and technical assistance, advocacy support, and peer centered learning opportunities.
Grant Range: $5,000 to $12,500
Proposals Due: In the office by Friday March 10th, 2017
Seventh Generation Fund
ATTN: Building Power, Optimizing Impact
P.O. Box 4569
Arcata, CA 95518 USA OR email: email@example.com
Eligible submissions must meet the following requirements:
- Be a non-profit organization with 501(3)(c) tax-exemption status. Community-based projects that do not have non-profit status are welcome to contact SGF regarding Affiliate Program /Fiscal Administration for consideration to our Affiliate Program.
- Be Located on or near Reservation communities in Idaho, Montana, North Dakota or South Dakota.
- Engagement, Leadership & Decision-making – 80% or more Indigenous Board of Directors and an Indigenous Executive Director.
- Emerge directly from the community and are led by the Indigenous Peoples impacted by the project.
- Be in good standing with Seventh Generation Fund.
- Successful Projects will be invited to a one-day Building Power, Optimizing Impact on Monday, April 10th in Bozeman, MT.
If you have any questions, please contact Louis Gordon, Program Officer, directly at (707) 825-7640 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.